Thursday, 15 August 2013

Review: Nyx Xtreme Lip Cream in Absolute Red

Hey guys! I'm back for another review to cover up the slack of update on this blog hahaha. The product that I'm reviewing today is a little special because I got it sent from yukcoba.in, it's a website that offers free stuff for us to try and review it later! What you have to do is just apply and send them your form, and if you're lucky you're going to get chosen to try the product! Not only make up and beauty products, they also offer a wide range selections of products like food, fashion, and even the latest gadgets! But unfortunately this is limited for Indonesian residents only :( I sent mine a month ago and I'm lucky enough to get chosen so here is the review!


I'm sure a lot of you have read rave reviews about Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream, and I though I was going to be sent the Soft Matte one too, but this is actually the Xtreme Lip Cream. So I decided to look up Nyx's official website to find more info about the product. The Xtreme Lip Cream is in fact the counterpart of the Soft Matte Lip Cream. The price is also the same, only difference I can find is the fact that they have different range of colors.



So I've got the color Absolute Red, which is a really deep red color as you can see above. It's pretty dark and bloody from the outside lol.


So here's the packaging. It's similar to lip gloss packaging, equipped with the wand applicator. It's small and very easy to slip in your purse, very convenient. 

Closer look~

As for the color, I like this but not exactly loving this... I'd love to try something more wearable, and when I'm using this I feel like this color won't be able to support more natural look but it's very pretty for night events. And the color isn't necessarily shown as it is from the tube.


This is the swatch on my hand. You can see it's pretty bright and has a little bit of blue undertone compared to the packaging. But it's still a deep red color. The consistency is quite thick like cream (yeah obviously lol) like a liquid lipstick. 


Here's what it looks like blended out. You can always build up the color so I'm really glad about it.

Swatch on the lips~ sorry for the crappy picture!

Honestly I kinda have a hard time blending this out on my lips because of the thicker consistency. I just used my finger and it all became a mess and most of the product just stain your finger. I suppose you should use a lip brush to apply this better. The formula is not drying whatsoever but you have to prep your lips before using it otherwise it won't look pretty because the finish is kinda matte. You don't want the cracks of your lips to be more visible after using this -_-

The staying power is quite good, maybe 4-5 hours without eating or drinking. And even if the color is fading it will stain your lips so it's not completely gone :) I also had some difficulties with removing the swatch on my hands even though I used lip remover, but don't worry the one on my lips was easily removed ;)

So like I've said, I like this product but not quite loving it so I give this a 4 out of 5. I'd like to try another color though, or even the Soft Matte Lip Cream one.

(+) Good staying power
(+) Not drying
(+) Can be used as lipstick, lip stain, or lip tint
(+) Easy to remove
(+) Affordable

(-) Fewer range of colors compared to Soft Matte one
(-) Hard to apply
(-) The color is not always exactly like on the tube

So that's it for the review! Hope you guys enjoy it and thanks again yukcoba.in for sending me this! See you next post ;)

(Bonus picture of me wearing the lip cream with totally bare face! Hahaha)

2 comments :

  1. amazing color!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx

    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the color is indeed pretty! thank you so much glad you like my blog ^^
      i just followed you darling :)

      Delete