Well this isn't exactly my first experience with Korean CC Cream, I've tried the sample size of Etude's CC Cream in Silky and I quite liked it. So I kinda don't want to miss out the CC Cream trends and decided to purchase the famous one from Tony Moly.
I really love the packaging, it's slim and long and elegant hahaha. I don't know maybe I just like the simplicity. It contains a lot of product, like, a lot! Maybe that's why it's a little expensive than the one from Etude House.
Back view
Sorry guys, can't help with all the Koreans but if you notice, it's written that CC=Color Change. Well a lot of company made their own definition from the acronym like Correct&Care, Color Correct, Color Control, Complexion Correction, you name it. But really, you shouldn't care about what they stand for anyway, it's the way they work that matters, right?
Ingredients
It comes with a pump dispenser which is very hygienic, considering that your fingers or whatever it is that could contaminate the product can't come in contact. Some people consider this packaging quite bulky though, but I don't see any problem with that whatsoever.
This is the appearance of the cream itself. It's quite thick compared to what I've experienced from Etude House. It's white at first but when you blend it it'll match your skin tone immediately, because it has some color capsules in it. Despite its thickness, I don't see any problem with stickiness while blending it, it glides on smoothly on my skin. It also feels really light after you applied it. I've swatched this on the back of my hand but for some reason the difference is not so prominent, so let's move on to the swatch on my face!
Above is without and below is with the CC cream. You can see that it brightens up your skin tone immediately and naturally without looking like a ghost. Honestly I got a little tanned because I went swimming with my friends yesterday, I'm worried that this might be too white but it's not! I also notice that it gives me a natural glow to my skin which I REALLY love! The only thing that I don't like is that it gives me a little coverage, that's probably the consequences I'm willing to take since I've known this fact before I even purchased it. You can see that it barely covers my redness and dark spots. Not only this CC cream, but CC creams in general have lighter coverage compared to BB Creams. They tend to focus more on the skin care region like whitening and anti-wrinkle. Let's see about that in a few months then! But I think this would be perfect for someone who just needs to brighten up their dull skin without needing to cover up many imperfections.
Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this CC Cream, I'll definitely use this for daily basis as a base for my make up! I'll give this product a 4 out of 5 rating!
(+) Brightens your skin tone
(+) Gives a natural glow to your skin
(+) Contains a lot of products for its price
(+) Slim and sturdy packaging
(+) Contains SPF 30 PA++
(-) Light coverage
(-) Not for people with very oily skin
What do you think guys? Have you tried this one, or even another CC Cream? Share me your experience below in the comment and see you next post!
![]() |
| xoxo Stevani |









ugh. im so ashamed. thsi product has been sitting in my drawers since i brought it back from korea in may. i still haven't tested it out even though i was so so excited to buy it. heard so many positive things but now that you've mentioned its not good for very oily skin i'm a little unsure. my skin isn't too too oily..must test out this weekend
ReplyDeletejenn
A Beautiful Zen
yeah because it has some "luminous" effect to your skin so it doesn't have that much of oil control, but you can always try it out! it gives a beautiful finish to your skin which i really like^^
DeleteGreat review! Looks like a great product :)
ReplyDeleteI would love to try this product, but I'm a little bit afraid it will be to light for my skin :S
I've never tried a cc cream before, only bb creams :p
You've got a new follower ;)
http://stylealamy.blogspot.nl/
I think it's very suitable for fair to medium skin tone! You should try them! I always put it under my BB creams whenever I feel like it, it makes a great make up base :)
DeleteThank you very much for following me!!! <33